Kicker 1/0 Gauge Cable & 300A ANL Fuse Holder

TurboG
10+ year member

Ok, I know this is a newbie question but hey come on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif... I'm doing my first install and I was trying to place the ANL fuse holder, I striped the cable and It won't fit in the fuse holder hole... Should I cut some wire to fit it???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Did you take the reducer ring out first? Most fuse holders that take 1/0 have a second ring in the wire holes so they can take 4 gauge as well and you remove the ring to put in 1/0.

remove the black oring/gromet thats on there

then remove the screw that holds the wire in all the way and then that center gold fitting falls out put the screw back in and push the 0g wire in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lol gl

honestly the few little strands you cut off wont effect the flow at all. it will still be making contact with the fuse holder.
If having less strands doesn't matter, then please tell me why everyone doesn't buy an 8 gauge wiring kit? The whole point is to have more strands, why the hell else would people spend the extra money buying and extra time trying to run lengths of 1/0 gauge wire instead of 8 or 4? Electrons flow on the outside of strands BTW, which is why a 1/0 with many small little strands is better than one giant 1/0 piece of copper or any other wire with larger thicker strands of copper. Strand count is truly what matters (well that and the material used) so why sell yourself short.

you should be able to fit it with out shaving anything. did you take out the reducer in there that's for the 4 gauge? i remember mine coming with a reducer in there when i got my kit.

remove the black oring/gromet thats on there
then remove the screw that holds the wire in all the way and then that center gold fitting falls out put the screw back in and push the 0g wire in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lol gl
Lol, that was it I didn't know that center gold piece could come out... Well everyday you learn something new //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks a lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If having less strands doesn't matter, then please tell me why everyone doesn't buy an 8 gauge wiring kit? The whole point is to have more strands, why the hell else would people spend the extra money buying and extra time trying to run lengths of 1/0 gauge wire instead of 8 or 4? Electrons flow on the outside of strands BTW, which is why a 1/0 with many small little strands is better than one giant 1/0 piece of copper or any other wire with larger thicker strands of copper. Strand count is truly what matters (well that and the material used) so why sell yourself short.
Cutting off maybe 50 strands where it makes contact with the fuse holder isn't going to change anything. Even if you removed 300 strands you're not removing it across the entire wire, just the half inch or so where it makes contact.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.