Kenwood X1200M

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChinoMan
10+ year member

Hello everyone, I have this Kenwood X1200M amp that I'm having trouble with I connect everything on it and the power light turns on, none of the protection lights turn on, but the amp wont power up my sub also the fan doesn't turn on as well or does it only turn on when the amp gets hot??? So I was wondering if the whole amp is done for now or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

My first x1200m amp I bought was Referb and when that went out the protection light did come on.

But was your amp hooked up b4 then stopped working?

My first x1200m amp I bought was Referb and when that went out the protection light did come on.But was your amp hooked up b4 then stopped working?
No it was not hooked up I had it sitting around because i sold my subs, when I got a new one I brought it out of the closet

All I can say is check your gains on the amp.Or check rcas (swap out rcas if need be) and check deck/eq
rca's and deck are fine im sure I currently have a smaller amp hooked up to the sub and it works fine. Guess I have to face the fact that its not working anymore lol Too bad i really liked that amp

Not sure if there's a different but the master / slave switch may be on slave. Try checking that. Other than that I'm not sure if there's good news for you bro...

I've had 4 of these b4 and all were good besides the Referb I first bought and loved them.

IMAG0552.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.