Kenwood kdc-x994

I have the x693 and It's ok. I just don't like the glare!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the little bro to this unit... From my research besides the actual screen display and blue tooth they are essentially the same unit. Anyways a problem i have had with my unit is that some of the new folders ive put on my mp3 player will not open. They will show but i cannot open the folders. Also there is a problem of the unit not recognizing when there is a usb drive attached all the time. Not to mention it is slow.... But i have the 794 so maybe the 994 has a faster processor or something that helps with these problems. Hope ive at least gave you a lil more to think about and/or research.

I have the little bro to this unit... From my research besides the actual screen display and blue tooth they are essentially the same unit. Anyways a problem i have had with my unit is that some of the new folders ive put on my mp3 player will not open. They will show but i cannot open the folders. Also there is a problem of the unit not recognizing when there is a usb drive attached all the time. Not to mention it is slow.... But i have the 794 so maybe the 994 has a faster processor or something that helps with these problems. Hope ive at least gave you a lil more to think about and/or research.
Thanks for the info, does anyone recommend a different unit then. Time wise I can't keep pulling the head units out and swapping them if I have a problem

i have a 991 and its one of the best decks ive ever owned/heard.. as for the newer decks there not up to par with the x991 but their very nice for the money..

mines slow at times but thats because its the size of my harddrive(500g) or the fact my usb is slow and loaded to the max..

I had the 991... awesome HU had better SQ than the 994.... as far as expandability, its not up to par. the 994's ipod search function is beyond faster than many other decks in the price range. the EQ is amazing for the price. THE SQ is great ta-boot. The screen could be a little bigger but hey its ok. the blue tooth is great when streaming music from your phone or using during a call. whats no to like about the hu? not to mention time alignment.

We just had this unit installed in our 2001 BMW Z3 Roadster - hate the glare of the screen but otherwise it looks good. My only issue is it will say it is downloading my address book from my Sprint Evo phone but when I look at address book it only has a few entries, some are blank while others have the name listed. It doesn't seem to be downloading it correctly. So far, of what I've had time to play with, it's working great. Any suggestions on the phonebook?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.