KENWOOD KDC-HD545U install...speakers cutting out! Help!!

Hi, I just got a Kenwood KDC-HD545U, along with some Alpine SPS-600 speakers. Install went great for first timer, but whenever its on, it cuts out, sometimes i can switch to other stations and theyll work but will soon cut out too. the deck doesnt die, i can turn it off and back on, only for it to do the same thing, any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys

Its weird, theyll sometimes fade out, or just go completely off, sometimes crackling on either side before doing so, antenna is fine, cables are good, im baffled

i would check for two wires touching on a speaker. sounds like you may have some wiring issues, also how many speakers did you put in? i know this may be a stupid question but some people like to install 4 6x9's in the back..etc..etc and don't realize that their wiring all the speakers up and dropping the impedance(ohm load) down below minimum for their deck or amplifier, which on a head unit is most likely 4 ohms.

What exactly do you mean by "2 wires on a speaker?" Today it worked fine, even when i was going 85 down a dirt road bouncing all over the place haha (my style of seeing of it was a bad wire job) but like you say it STILL could be. Its a 95 tahoe so one 6.5"in each door with 2 4x10s in the rear. Only the driver and passenger doors are wired with the sps-600s. Im doing my amp wiring kit tomorrow so im going to rip out the P.O.S. 4x10s in the rear too just to make sure im not stressing the 50x4w that the deck puts out.

thanks guys

IMHO, i'd bypass your factory amp, and just run your speakers off your HU. I have the same HU and it works fine, plus it'll be a simpler setup that way. and you'll be able to tell if its because of amp or speakers that way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.