Kenwood Kac 9103d help

Participant count
  • Participant list

4drvetter

atl
i had this amp laying around for awhile after my friend gave it to me and finally put it to use and installed it in my new truck and it wont power up. Power,ground and remote are fine as i tested them with another amp and that one worked. When probing the power and remote wire for power, i touched the negative speaker terminals and the amp turned on. has anyone heard of this as my local stereo shop never had.

but how do you mean you were probing for power? you touched it with the lead, did you short something, did you just apply pressure?

either way, it sounds like a board-level issue and that it either needs repairing from a poor solder connection, or your amp ground isn't very good.

its a grounded test light....i was testing to make sure the main power was good and the remote power as well....when i touched the negative speaker ternimal, it turned on.

the ground is fine as i installed another amp with the same wiring and that one works fine. i ran a jumper wire from the main negative to the speaker terminal for now until kenwood gets back to me so i can send it back for repairs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.