kenwood excelon DDX8017 help

Participant count
  • Participant list

newyorkjets00
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
is anyone familiar with this deck?? i am having trouble with the eq and xover on it.. i cant hear my door speakers at all and my dash are loud! i have some cheap jvc in the doors and infinys in the the dash.. also i took my amp out for my speakers and it made my bass hit harder? why would it do that, do i need another battery??

Very difficult to tell from the information given.

Also I have no clue what this line means:

"also i took my amp out for my speakers and it made my bass hit harder?"

If you took out the amp for your speakers you shouldn't hear anything at all, lol. Well if you have a sub you'd still hear that so maybe that's why you think your "bass hit harder"? Because it's all you're hearing? Or did you mean you switched from your amp to the HU's internal amp, for your speakers?

I say hit the reset button on the HU to reset all your audio adjustments and start from there. It may be that you've changed some options inadvertently that have disabled speakers or crossed them over at an undesired point, etc.

i think the deck is thinking my fronts are the doors and rears are in the back like a suv.. cuz it gives me a option to use tweeters for fronts but i have fronts on my dash and rears on doors... crazy..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.