Kenwood excelon 594bt distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Superdad

CarAudio.com Newbie
Have kenwood 594bt stereo 3 weeks old. Sounded great when 1st put in. This issue I'm having isn't consistent but seems like when head unit is turned up for 15 min or so out of no where it gets so distorted and sounds if the speakers being moved away and I can turn unit off and back on and it is good again. I've went over connections and they are good. I called kenwood and they want me to send to repair place but said may take 3 weeks to find issue. I think that's bs to make customers to go without stereo for weeks but it getting annoying to deal with so may have to . I personally think it's something in head unit over heating cause it only does when I have volume up to 75 % . I like music loud and clear sounding. I bought new kenwood speakers rated to 300 watts and stereo only puts out 45 watts per channel so u would think that these speakers should not get distorted at all. Any thoughts as to the cause?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...