Kenwood DNX 6180

Participant count
  • Participant list

geonfreaq
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Does anyone here have any first hand experience yet with this unit. I just purchased it yesterday along with a back up camera for my truck and am in the process of installing it all today.

Saw some great reviews online and some not so great. Figured I would ask here and see if anyone here has played with one.

Jason

Ill just post my first impressions on my drive home today playing with the radio.

First off the navigation is spot on and crystal clear coming through my hertz components.

A few reviews I have read said that after you push a button it tales forever for the command to be recognized by the HU. I don't find that at all. Start up is a bit slow but other than that, the commands are just fine. Not instant but very acceptable in my opinion.

The hands free blutooth is amazing. First time I've had a HU with this feature and I don't think I'd ever go back. I'm in my truck alot and think this is a great safety feature. It was also very easy to program to my iPhone.

The sound is leaps and bounds better than my old panasonic head unit. Crystal clear right out of the box. I'm going to wait to play with the eq until my subs arrive and get installed.

I also purchased a backup camera and the display is nice and clear making backing my truck up to the tounge of my boat trailer tonight in the dark, amazingly easy.

Over all I am very impressed with this unit and must say so far I have no regrets buying this unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.