Jvc KW-V830BT

Participant count
  • Participant list
3 way active24bit/192khz flac/wav playback

Dvd/cd player

No independant eq but looks like a nice unit to start off with.
Yea. I had the 320 from last year. I liked it alot. But I had two that had noise issues, so I got the pioneer 2800bs. I have this 830 in my Amazon cart but I think I'm gonna wait for the new NEX Pioneer headunits
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Yea. I had the 320 from last year. I liked it alot. But I had two that had noise issues, so I got the pioneer 2800bs. I have this 830 in my Amazon cart but I think I'm gonna wait for the new NEX Pioneer headunits
Dont get another pioneer. Lol

The next is nice but for 500 the jvc plays higher resloution and has better DACs and more tuning options with the crossover slopes being an exception. It also has a better xover and stuff like upscaling to 24/48. The pioneer always has good features but lacks tge deinition the kenwoon and clarion hade and considering jvc got boughtout it looks like tgey are making a comback.

Dont get another pioneer. LolThe next is nice but for 500 the jvc plays higher resloution and has better DACs and more tuning options with the crossover slopes being an exception. It also has a better xover and stuff like upscaling to 24/48. The pioneer always has good features but lacks tge deinition the kenwoon and clarion hade and considering jvc got boughtout it looks like tgey are making a comback.
Idk. We will see. The crossover section doesnt have the scope of the pioneer though. JVC is 6,12 slope and 12-24 on the sub. Pioneer is 6-24 and then 12-36 on the sub. I have that decision plus I have a audiocontrol 6 channel and the mmats 6 channel I need to choose too

Idk. We will see. The crossover section doesnt have the scope of the pioneer though. JVC is 6,12 slope and 12-24 on the sub. Pioneer is 6-24 and then 12-36 on the sub. I have that decision plus I have a audiocontrol 6 channel and the mmats 6 channel I need to choose too
Im getting a dsp next check so ill deal with the slope.

Might i add the shallow slopes work just as good for me. I used 12db on the pioneer and its fine.

Adding the dsp ill beable to play 24/96 even dsd 1bit recordings.

Its purely going to be used as a sorce unit once i get a dsp. I want the arc or zapco. I might try the mini 6 to 8 though.

Fyi if you want to wait im am going to buy it. If it does t sound better ill get the kenwood x9903s
Yea that's cool. I'm sure it will sound good. My 320 even through the hiss sounded better than the pioneer. But the hiss was horrible.
If it was you, mmats or audiocontrol six channel?

Yea that's cool. I'm sure it will sound good. My 320 even through the hiss sounded better than the pioneer. But the hiss was horrible.
If it was you, mmats or audiocontrol six channel?

Mmats bro. Audio control never impressed me.

Why not a mini dsp or something similar? The mini dsp HD will do 24/192 and has a parametric 10 band per channel for 225 bones.

You sure the hiss was the unit not the recording? My pioneer was not excatly quiet but it did sound decent and it wasn't exactly noisy either..
Yea, def the HU. Swapped to the old one, quiet. New one , hiss. Apparently I wasn't the only one. It spanned that whole years HU line.
And I was talking six channel amps. Hifi mmats, LC1200.6

Yea, def the HU. Swapped to the old one, quiet. New one , hiss. Apparently I wasn't the only one. It spanned that whole years HU line.
And I was talking six channel amps. Hifi mmats, LC1200.6

My personal favorite amps are zapco,arc,pheonix gold helix and mmats Sq

Fyi if you want to wait im am going to buy it. If it does t sound better ill get the kenwood x9903s
When are you getting the 730? Saw a 330 at a local shop the other day. He told me he did have a issue with last year's with buzzing. But none in this year's models.

I got the 730 for 399 from pestbuy.

My initial thoughts is the higher resolution sounds better and there's no doubt about it.

Its hard to say how well the upscaling works on the deck but I can tell you that even 3:20 sounds excellent whereas before I could definitely tell between 320 kilobytes per second and Flac 800 kilobytes per second. It honestly seems like the higher-resolution stuff sounds better and lower resolution stuff sounds better as well

I got the 730 for 399 from pestbuy.My initial thoughts is the higher resolution sounds better and there's no doubt about it.

Its hard to say how well the upscaling works on the deck but I can tell you that even 3:20 sounds excellent whereas before I could definitely tell between 320 kilobytes per second and Flac 800 kilobytes per second. It honestly seems like the higher-resolution stuff sounds better and lower resolution stuff sounds better as well
Oh cool. I think I'm gonna get it. What kind of phone do you have? Did you try the Android or carplay?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.