Just received my Skar VVX 12s and Hooked them up. *first video*

u need a lot better than that. i have a civic 80a alt. doesn't hold up to anything. 1600w = 160a. twice what ur alt is. plus the 40 to 50a ur factory stuff takes. get a h/o alt and a different batt. diehard platinums are cheap and good. my electrical right now with big three can prbly barely push 400w..

also depends how efficient ur amp is. voltage drop all that good stuff.

you could probably pull off 4 gauge but I would get 1/0 if the amp fits it. I small second battery would do enough justice for you.
don't think that will work. he'd still be way over drawing his alt. and he'd have to charge both batts on a weekly basis.. the 1/0 would help but giving power a better channel to run on doesn't matter if you don't have the power in the first place.

don't think that will work. he'd still be way over drawing his alt. and he'd have to charge both batts on a weekly basis.. the 1/0 would help but giving power a better channel to run on doesn't matter if you don't have the power in the first place.
You don't technically need an ho alt unless your really stepping up your electrical. for 1600rms there is really no reason to invest a lot of money into getting an ho alt unless you are going bigger later. The second battery would act as a band aid for his electrical and would easily be able to be ran for decently long amounts of time before giving the system a break. You alt does not have to be the amount of amps being pulled but it will stress your alt a bit. People run 2 secondary batts on 80a alts all the time and they have no problems except maybe a long way down the road they will need a new alt.

You don't technically need an ho alt unless your really stepping up your electrical. for 1600rms there is really no reason to invest a lot of money into getting an ho alt unless you are going bigger later. The second battery would act as a band aid for his electrical and would easily be able to be ran for decently long amounts of time before giving the system a break. You alt does not have to be the amount of amps being pulled but it will stress your alt a bit. People run 2 secondary batts on 80a alts all the time and they have no problems except maybe a long way down the road they will need a new alt.

but you need to recharge these secondary batteries all the time. plus for the money you will spend on the 2 batts or even you decent batt you can get a 160a h/o alt. then later he can throw another batt in back for less than the price it would cost to replace the 80a alt. it would be cheaper and will accomplish more getting the h/o alt first if he has the money. because he will eventually end up paying all that money in batts and stock alts plus extra... and maybe having his alt blow up when he really needs to be somewhere. so OP get a h/o alt then add on from there... but yeah the band aid affect can work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.