Just picked up a hatchback!

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
EDIT: What should i do? I will have about about 4K watts rms to play with

OK, so my brother in law gave me his '90 Civic Hatch. Now at the show yesterday everyone that beat me was either a hatch, SUV or van. One guy in a CRX was doing 146.XX with LITERALY a pair of $40 Wal-Mart pioneers and an 800W amp. clamped at only 446 watts or so...

I am thinking for the comp. next weekend I might take everything out of the caddy (well, not the wires) and slap it in the hatch and see what I can do. I plan to make the hatch and SPL specific vehicle but I don't have the money to build it with new stuff so i will just have to use what i have in the caddy for now... Just swap it into the civic for shows, then back into the cadillac for my daily fun

What do you think I should do?

Pics or it didnt happen...Also u need to save up for a separate setup for the hatch,no sense in swapping the equip. back and forth every month.

well yeah... Eventualy I am going to throw a seperate setup in the civic. However I just starteed my own business and start-up costs **** dick so... Finaly starting to get more business but I only have a few months left in the work season so... (exterior residential/commercial painting)

I think I will be throwing and HDC315 in the civic... or maybe throw my TeamPSI/Mach 5 sub in the civic and throw the HDC315 in my cadillac... IDK for sure yet, i just know that HDC315 is still the loudest setup I have had...

I'll get pics later, not much to look at really, pretty ugly rusted thing... I will probably throw a body kit on there eventualy to hide the rust holes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif not worth fixing it all up...

here it is in all its... uhm... Beauty...?

Body work will be started this week, then paint may be a small body kit, nothing crazy if i can find something subtle i will do one, if not then just a repaint and paint the bumper to match. In case you are wondering about the passenger side... that is what happens when people try to work on cars when they don't know how. He decided it would help to beat the side with a hammer...

civic001g.jpg

civic002.jpg

civic003d.jpg

civic004.jpg

yup... free

I am a mechanic and have done TONS of work for my family, friends etc.. so I have had about 5 or 6 vehicles just out right given to me. I am a big believer in karma, I help anyone I can however possible and i get **** on most of the time but every once in a while good things happen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

k_schutte

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
k_schutte
cedar rapids, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date