just got screwed with the stupid Ribbon cable! Help

BLD 25
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ok, so my 860mp had a problem with the face opening up. I received almost no help, but from searching, this seemed like a common problem. i got the cable, which had no instructions, and I dismantled the H/U and when I removed the old cable, all of the little pressure tines came out with it:

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

what happened? Was this the wrong cable? did i do something wrong? Is it repairable, or do I just sell the faceplate and cut my losses?

You could try to carefully solder them all back into place. It's already messed up so the worst you can do isn't much. Use a 15 watt soldering iron and have at it. That's what I would do. At that point if it doesn't work, sell it to someone who thinks he can fix it.

is this what is supposed to happen?
I don't know. I've never changed a ribbon cable before. I have however taken many things apart and destroyed connections in doing so. I've been able to solder most of it back together and have developed pretty good soldering skills from it. Like I said, try a 15 watt iron ($8 at Radio Shack) and a small diameter solder and see if you can fix it.

it's the right one, contact the seller for some instructions! good luck...

or search for a local pioneer repair stores...

Dude.... It was a spot in Marion.

LATTUCA ELECTRONIC SERVICE

306 N VICKSBURG ST

MARION, IL 62959

US

(618) 997-2172

A little too late perhaps, but maybe not.

You don't have to tell me ex I said hi no more. She about to get married this weekend.....lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BLD 25

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
BLD 25
Carbondale, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date