just got new HU not paying attention to the 2v pre outs!!

skippy90210
10+ year member

ramey, PA
so I just spent 400 bucks on a pioneer double din touch screen and got everything hooked up and my system would barley play so I was messing with the settings and gains and I had to have my gain AND bass boost ALL the way up and it still wasn't as loud as before I was also using crappy walmart rca's but they cant make that much of a difference, right now I have it hooked up through a low level input converter from my rear speakers so I can have my bass boost down all the way and the gain around 5/8 up its a sundown 1500v3

any ideas on what to do to get my rca's back? but still sound good?

so I just spent 400 bucks on a pioneer double din touch screen and got everything hooked up and my system would barley play so I was messing with the settings and gains and I had to have my gain AND bass boost ALL the way up and it still wasn't as loud as before I was also using crappy walmart rca's but they cant make that much of a difference, right now I have it hooked up through a low level input converter from my rear speakers so I can have my bass boost down all the way and the gain around 5/8 up its a sundown 1500v3
any ideas on what to do to get my rca's back? but still sound good?
Would love to see solutions also (sorry not trying to jump in your question).

I have a older Pioneer Mostfet4x4 HU with 2v preout currently using RCA which is causing such a good sub not bang so well. My amp is 3/4 gain just so i don't have to use bass boost.

Would love to see solutions also (sorry not trying to jump in your question).
I have a older Pioneer Mostfet4x4 HU with 2v preout currently using RCA which is causing such a good sub not bang so well. My amp is 3/4 gain just so i don't have to use bass boost.
Don't Worry About It Man I Just Need A Solution On This lol

2 volts is plenty of power to drive that amp to full output (assuming your head unit can actually output 2 volts)...

How is your crossover(s) setup?

Using any signal processing?

Do you have another pair of RCA's you can test with to determine if it's a connectivity issue?

Are you using a remote gain knob?

2 volts is plenty of power to drive that amp to full output (assuming your head unit can actually output 2 volts)...
How is your crossover(s) setup?

Using any signal processing?

Do you have another pair of RCA's you can test with to determine if it's a connectivity issue?

Are you using a remote gain knob?
i dont really know about crossovers im pretty sure i dont even have any

no signal proccesing

i only tried one pair of the rcas and that was the ones from walmart but they were brand new

bass knob yes but it was all the way up too and still nothing

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a head unit in the last 5 years that doesn't have some crossover functionality built in, as well as the crossover controls on the amp itself - what is it set to?

The RCA's being brand new doesn't rule them out unfortunately - though rare - there may be a bad connection in the ends or possibly a break in the wires. Do you have something else that works fine you could test them with -or- as mentioned earlier - another pair of RCA's you can test with for the time being?

Also - what happens if you unplug the bass knob (be sure amp is turned off before unplugging).

i dont really know about crossovers im pretty sure i dont even have anyno signal proccesing

i only tried one pair of the rcas and that was the ones from walmart but they were brand new

bass knob yes but it was all the way up too and still nothing

the only time his headunit or any headunit will produce the actual voltage output rating will be at max volume output. with his pioneer radio, the volume may go to 62 and he is probably only going to 25 and only getting a fraction of what the radio can do. this is the most common stupid mistake when tuning stereos and amps. not using the entire volume spectrum given is foolish. "I have my gain and bass boost all the way up "= i am not tuning my amp properly and i am only using part of my radio that i paid a premimum for.

the only time his headunit or any headunit will produce the actual voltage output rating will be at max volume output. with his pioneer radio, the volume may go to 62 and he is probably only going to 25 and only getting a fraction of what the radio can do. this is the most common stupid mistake when tuning stereos and amps. not using the entire volume spectrum given is foolish. "I have my gain and bass boost all the way up "= i am not tuning my amp properly and i am only using part of my radio that i paid a premimum for.
In my case HU has its own sub level option which i keep at 0 on 50hz and i tuned the sub stage with a 50hz sine at 0db with the volume at 45/60 (components are hooked to HU and cause distortion after 52 volume).

Either way amp at that level give 1200 watts via dmm 3/4th gain level. Which gives a not perfect volume level compared to other HU

your 4ch amp gain is too high if you are distorting at 52. turn all gains down and use a higher volume for tuning. as well turn your sub volume up to almost max. when tuning do not have any eq settings on, no bass boost, no loud. set all to flat then tune gains. use a dmm and get the proper ac voltages you are needing then tune other settings by ear.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a head unit in the last 5 years that doesn't have some crossover functionality built in, as well as the crossover controls on the amp itself - what is it set to?
The RCA's being brand new doesn't rule them out unfortunately - though rare - there may be a bad connection in the ends or possibly a break in the wires. Do you have something else that works fine you could test them with -or- as mentioned earlier - another pair of RCA's you can test with for the time being?

Also - what happens if you unplug the bass knob (be sure amp is turned off before unplugging).
i see what you mean by crossovers now and i messed with all the settings on the hu and it wasnt doing much

i am going to get a new quality set of rca's and see

also i never tried unplugging my bass knob

but also remember i had sound and bass but just wasnt what it shoulda been

i know to never have those up all the way and did not leave it set like that im just saying thats how high they were to even do much of anything, but how can i get 2v outs to preform just as well as 4v? does the amp have any factor in this because i have a sundown 1500.dv3 but soon will be buying an aq/soundqubed 2200d

Buy a 1/2 din eq like a clarion eq746s. Or get a line driver
how much do those run? and if i buy that is that somthing that later down the road i will be able to control mids and highs with also? and what is the main job that they serve?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skippy90210

10+ year member
skippy90210
ramey, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from