Just got an Eclipse 8051.......

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grinder1989
5,000+ posts

Sundown Audio Dealer
Akron, OH
I just bought this off a friend and I'm still trying to figure out all of the features on it but I noticed a big difference in sub output. My cheap ass panasonic made my door skins flex and this one, with the 8V preouts is not even close to doing that. The gain on my sundown is half way up and I'm not sure about turning it up more than that. Is there anything I can do on this H/U to make my sub as loud as it was? Also where can I get a manual for this H/U? Thanks

Chances are that the non fader volume is turned down, have you checked to see what the non fader volume is set to? Also I'm not sure about that deck but the internal crossover may be messin ya up. I know with my 8053 I have a ton of options with eqs and crossovers.

you mean the sub W control? I had that on like 15...and it wasn't hitting hard at all.....what about the EQ? how do you get to it?

Do you have a sound button on the right hand side of the deck near the top? If so you push that then scroll through to the eq option.
the only button is function and theres no EQ that I can see.....

I dont think it has an eq just bass, mid and treble. When you turn the sub volume up and down does it control the sub? thinking maybe you are on the wrong set of rca's. The crossover in that deck is either on or off, not adjustable. I dont know how to get to it but I think its in the setup menu.

I'll have to check on the RCA's but the sub gets louder on the sub control. Its just no where near the output of my panasonic. I had a line driver but I don't think it made that big of a difference did it?

If the sub control works on the subs then the rca's are correct. A line driver would make a difference. depending on which one it was they can boost rca voltage to 8 volts. On the panasonic deck did you have anything boosted that would make the sub output louder. Also get a multimeter and set your amp gains. Thats the only way you would know for sure that the amp is putting out what it suppose to do. here is a link to amp setting tutorial.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206371

I had a line driver that boosted the output.....shoudl I put it on my eclipse? Also whats the highest i can turn it up to it goes to 80.

EDIT: Will the line driver boost it up past 8 volts? thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Grinder1989

5,000+ posts
Sundown Audio Dealer
Grinder1989
Akron, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date