Just got a new ride!!!

if you are still trying to figure out the wiring problem i can help you a bit.

All the stock wiring is missing is an ingnition wire, this is because the radio stays on until you open the door in all 2000 and up GM models. So, instead of buying a $120 wiring harness just do what i did and buy a $2 switch. Run a 12-14awg wire directly from the batt, with a 10a or so fuse inline, run that to the switch and from it to the ignition wire on the aftermarket HU. Really isn't all the much work, plus you get better wiring for the HU and i also ran all my amp remote wires off the same switch, one flick and everything turns on/off.

No need for a switch...can grab accessory either at the ign. harness or the BCM.

But with the Impala's you're probably going to lose the information center...

i HIGHLY suggest you use the $120 harness. its called a GMRCO1 from what i can remember.

if you dont, all the "open door chimes" maybe the "door open domelight" and other features will not work, and you might have error lights on your dash.

but do what you like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

^^ thanks mmata an 3.5

an req that's what i was told, but i didn't know if they were just trying to get me:D

but anyway, I am in talks wit 6spd about those slc's, think i should put my jvc deck in this car, or just save it for my 70? I mean i prolly won't know what i'm missing vs. an amazing sq deck anyway right:blush:

I have an 05 impala and the oil change reset runs through the radio. to reset it you have to to certain things on the radio. I have heard that without the adapter it will throw codes to the computer. i changed the stereo in my 03 tahoe and didnt use it and didnt have any problems but the oil reset didnt go throw it on the tahoes.

I dont know... I guess its better to be safe then sorry an just get the harness:crap: I could prolly get it on ebay, i'll look on there for it.

Alsoi'm awaiting word back fom 6spd on those slc's what amp do yall recommend? I need something that will power them like they're supposed to be, but not break my wallet.

also would it be worth it w/ my jvc deck i have, or would i need like an eq (which i have never used, nor any idea how too:blush: )

but thanks for all the help that i got... (by the way, i think i'll just stick w/ stock an not put rims on this summer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wilburnagmack

10+ year member
wilburnagmack
ATL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from