just got a crystal cmp 15 zane tell me what size box i should build

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
Hey man i bought a hardly used crystal cmp 15 with no directions or box works and put it in a sealed box cant think of diminsions at this point 1.25 cubic feet and hooked it up on my jl 500/1 and omg it comeptes if not is louder than my 2 12 jlw3s now i dont know if you have ever heard of these subs but they are **** good subs but can find web site or any info and when i ask the guy what he had it in he hasnt e-mailed me back so i am just seeing what know cause i am sure it can do more i just threw it in a box so it needs to be bulit to its specs its bulit alot like the orion hcca and older punch power subs.

Size: 15 inch

Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 1.70 - 3.00 cu.ft.

Rec. Ported Box Dims: not recommended

Free Air Usage: not recommended

Sensitivity: 92.2 dB

Frequency Response: 20-200 Hz

Recommended RMS Power: 600W

Peak Power Handling: 900W

Impedance: 4 ohms

Thats the info I pulled on your sub. I'm not sure how reliable it is because I couldn't find the companys website.

I knew you would know their website Zane, that's why I left in the post above, that I could not find their website. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Got a sealed box bulit to the specs and OMG is this an incrediable subwoofer i would of never thought that it would be all that great (although did pay 200 for it used) but it beats my 2 12 jl on the same jl 500/1 by a mile its not even getting pushed to its potentiel either i am still soo suprised by its performance I was told it was a good sub but man i am seriosu i dont think you guys will understand the sq and SPL for the guy it may not be a well know brand on here but man once you here one you will be hooked I will be posting a pic sometime in future of sub and entire system.

He he - you mean like this?

cmp12_bg.jpg

Or these?

javascript:enlargedImage('/shop/view_large_image_frameset.pl?sku=CRYCMP12')

Very nice subs- they are allready having an enormous success in the competition lanes.

look forward to the install pics.

take it easy,

-zane

Yep thats it massive sub I havent seen too many pple use the sub so i guess i am apart from the crowd they will know why i cant wait till comp and the jl 1000.1 amp to come out they wont know what will hit them hopefully.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by jlman Yep thats it massive sub I havent seen too many pple use the sub so i guess i am apart from the crowd they will know why i cant wait till comp and the jl 1000.1 amp to come out they wont know what will hit them hopefully.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Almost like gluing Realistic logos to an Adire Audio Shiva......

he he he //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jlman

10+ year member
Review Committee
jlman
kirksville
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date