Just curious

HNaga
10+ year member

Cairo
I was reading some posts about comp speakers , I found some say that Infinity is bad and does not deserve the paid money, and others say infinity is better than Alpine Type-S and Type-R.!!

Anther question , what specs should I look for if I'm looking for SQ speakers.

Can good speakers replace the sub as some speaker can handle low freqs?

Im waiting for my set of infinity 3 1/2's to show up so I dont have any personal experience but my brother who hits 150db with a 2000 watt amp + 3 12's likes them. he used to run 2-3 of there subs before we switched to RE. Now there speakers may be **** and subs great but I have no clue. I would guess if they make decent subs there speakers are decent also.

And personally, no. No speakers can replace a sub for the SQ of bass, unless your using a **** sub and have it setup wrong a sub should sound much better. again, thats only my opinion.

You can play full range bass on car speakers all day long if you wish. It won't be as loud or as deep as if you had a sub and you'll probably have to keep the volume really low. They can get loud, or they can play half-way decent bass. Unless you're spending ALOT of money it's one or the other, not both.

I have heard Infinity references lack midbass and can be hard to blend with a sub in an SQ setup, but Infinity Kappas are a different story.

Can good speakers replace the sub as some speaker can handle low freqs?
Yes, but it'll involve a good amount of deadening, sealing the door panel, and potentially going with an active 3-way front stage in order to get midbasses large enough.

No speakers can replace a sub for the SQ of bass,
I can think of a couple setups that prove that wrong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That was only my opinion, but then again I'm 19 and only done 2 full sub installs and helped tune 2-3 dozen setups from family members and friends. so what do I know right? xD

That was only my opinion, but then again I'm 19 and only done 2 full sub installs and helped tune 2-3 dozen setups from family members and friends. so what do I know right? xD
You know 24 to 36 people with subwoofers that are related to you? ...Im not gonna say it but I know someone will...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.