jlw6v2

what box?

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list
In the past I used both the 13w6v2 and the 13w7. I found the 13w6v2 to perform better sealed whereas the 13w7 performed better ported. My issue with the 13w6v2 was that it unloaded easily in a ported enclosure on 570 watts RMS whereas the 13w7 didn't seem like it was at its mechanical limits with just over 1,000 watts RMS going to it.

Oddly, the 13w6v2 was much happier with 850 watts RMS in the sealed stealthbox. While I could drive it to its mechanical limits, it took a lot to get to that point sealed whereas ported it was way too easy to push the sub into its mechanical limits.

In the past I used both the 13w6v2 and the 13w7. I found the 13w6v2 to perform better sealed whereas the 13w7 performed better ported. My issue with the 13w6v2 was that it unloaded easily in a ported enclosure on 570 watts RMS whereas the 13w7 didn't seem like it was at its mechanical limits with just over 1,000 watts RMS going to it.
Oddly, the 13w6v2 was much happier with 850 watts RMS in the sealed stealthbox. While I could drive it to its mechanical limits, it took a lot to get to that point sealed whereas ported it was way too easy to push the sub into its mechanical limits.
well right now its gett 800 so wouldent building a good 4ther order kinda help the problem?

Yea it would help power handling but u are already near the subs limit. For sq seal generally is better, though a proper ported box can sound good. I would only use a fourth order if you are looking for more output generally in the low frequency range. For a pure sq box there are other designs that would work well though I am not very well versed in them hit up @moblenclosures and talk to him a lot. Can stress this enough the more the designer knows the better and he is one of the best ones on here

Yea it would help power handling but u are already near the subs limit. For sq seal generally is better, though a proper ported box can sound good. I would only use a fourth order if you are looking for more output generally in the low frequency range. For a pure sq box there are other designs that would work well though I am not very well versed in them hit up @moblenclosures and talk to him a lot. Can stress this enough the more the designer knows the better and he is one of the best ones on here
well that what im torn on.. i can eather make a good fiberglass box firing upwadrs or make a ported box firing towards the rear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dasnegro

10+ year member
dasnegro
ontario canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views