Jlaine!!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

taylor
10+ year member

THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER
can
man i need your advice, my speaker amp is a planet audio 300/4, i have system noise, i have rewired the car and tried everything, i have bypassed my eq, ran rca's over the seats, ohmed out the grounds at front and back, changed h/u grounds, tried a ground loop isolator, muting plugs, test speaker etc......my amp has rca pass thru's for passing signal to a nother amp or channels 3 and 4, i use it to pass signal to channels 3 and 4, now i noticed that when i changed rca's that the noise is significantly reduced, but still there, and if i un power my cva 1005 and unplug all rca's from the amp the noise still remains, i also used a test speaker at the amp, and still noise....

so after all this, you think maybe faulty amp, i asked you because i was wondering if you maybe knew of what else could cause a problem like this....besides maybe a faulty amp...

Try some higher end insulated RCA's and also call Planet Audio and see what they say. I am using 2 of their amps in a boat install and they sound and work great. In this boat there is NO way to keep the RCA's away from the power wires since there are only a few wire channels built in and it sounds great. In other installs I have used JBL, Clarion, and Kicker amps, and I have to say none of them impressed me as much as the planet amps do sound wise, it may be me but they seem much clearer. The only thing i dislike about them is the way they have to be mounted since to put them in the boat you have to climb into tiny compartments and i kept slipping and ended up cutting my hand so I was unhappy with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

taylor

10+ year member
THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER
taylor
can
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date