JL woofers..... Have a question

Some like the sound of the W6 series better than the W7. As far as measured distortion, the W7 "sounds" better but the huge bottom end and weak top end sound doesn't appeal to some people. If you are one of the people that prefers the W6 sound, then it would be an upgrade. You will get more output with that amount of power, for sure.

my opinion: you will get 50% more output capability and even if you keep it at the same output you will have better SQ... yes it's an upgrade:thumbcool:

you would gain spl but lose sq

How do you figure?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The w6, IMO, sounds better than the w7, and up to 500 watts (according to Manville from JL) gets louder than the same sized w7. Personally, I'd take the 13w6 over the w7 anyday of the week, but that's me. I prefer the sound of the w6, and with the 500 watts from that Slash, it should sound quite nice for you.

Morgan

I have a 10w7 powered by 500/1.
Would purchasing a 13w6 be considered an Upgrade? I dont know the exact differences between the two. Other than the obvious larger cone area.

Any ideas?
well with only 500watts I would go with a 13w6....even though personally I like the low end of W7 over a W6

:slap:could u get any more dumb
Could I get any more dumb? The W7 is their flagship subwoofer it was made for top SQ, just because some prefer the w6 doesn't mean it is the better in SQ at least not for everybody. My statement is true and the only reason you say anything at all is because you saw somone else disagree with me or you woulda kept your mouth shut because aparently you do not know what you are talking about.

Could I get any more dumb? The W7 is their flagship subwoofer it was made for top SQ, just because some prefer the w6 doesn't mean it is the better in SQ at least not for everybody. My statement is true and the only reason you say anything at all is because you saw somone else disagree with me or you woulda kept your mouth shut because aparently you do not know what you are talking about.
not true, it is a SQ/SPL sub.... jl isn't competition geared what-so-ever... they aim for making something that people put in their cars to listen to every day.... and yes at 500 sq should be fairly indistingushable, actually better with the 13 because it takes less excursion to match the output of the 10...

while some companys have oe line of subs for spl and one for sq, JL is a little different, theirs are more for how loud you want to listen to your music... but they all have good SQ... even the W1's are some of the best low-end subs... but yes the 13" w6 should be an improvement over the 10W7, it can get louder, and should actaully have better SQ then the w7 while matching its output

....yet again...i slap u:slap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.