JL W7's

The Caddy
10+ year member

Has anybody ever used these subs? I've got an opportunity to get some for $200 a piece. Is that a good deal or what, I haven't seen any listed prices anywhere and was just wondering. Also, if I were to get a pair what would be a good amp to power them with. I can pretty much get anything for whole sale prices but would like to keep the amp within a reasonable price range.

thats a good price, there has to be something wrong with them....lol

you do realize they're 3 ohm subs, and they're a pain in the ass to mount? Plus if you ever screw them up the recone costs like $350?

Just letting ya know the basics. They're easy to get loud at least, sound decent.... need an amp at least 500 rms to push them each with....and really needs like 1k a sub for optimum output. Ballpark figures of course.

There brand new, my bro is friends with a guy that works for a wholesaler. I'm kind of new to this all, what exactly is wrong with 3 ohm and why are they a pain in the ass to mount?

well if you can get them for that price than no problem...my biggest thing against them is that they are so pricey for something that is only okay...if you get a pair of them you will pretty much have to find an amp that can push at 1.5 ohms unless you buy 2 amps...

haven't mounted them so can't offer any info on that....

buddy of mine got 2 12"s and a pca 2000d...working on the electrical system before hooking in the amp because he has a 70amp alt, but the w7's should be pretty stupid loud...

I would jump on that price, in fact i will jump on that price right now if offered //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

For that price I'd get as many as you can afford and sell em for double the price or more on e-bay. . .

Or you could just get me one for the $200 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

The Caddy

10+ year member
The Caddy
Minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from