JL W3V2 or KICKER L7 which would you get?

z28pwr
10+ year member

TX
I have a 03 Quad Cam Ram (Yeah it's got a HEMI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif) and I can only fit in (2) Subs underneath the rear seats. I can either get (2) 10" JL W3V2's or (2) Kicker 8" L7's . These subs would be powered by a RF 1001 BD. The sub box doesn't have much air space to give to each sub. It's the ProBox http://www.proboxrocks.com/dodge/02upquad.shtml .

Which sub do you think would hit harder and sound better and why.

Thanks.

The W3's,i have 2 in my s10 regular cab,it pounds insanely good for small speakers.If you get the l7's your gonna have to port them or they dont get loud at all.By the way the JL's are nice sounding too,very accurate.

the best subs i ever heard are the JL Audio W6v2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif in a sealed

box you want your brain to rattle the push this box all the way you will see you will not regret it. :stuck:

Posted by DbRufus1234

id go with the L7s, i think they will get louder than the w3's, but wont sound as good

Two 10 W3's would out perform two 8L7's quite easily, especially with 500watts and in a small sealed enclosure. Now if we were talking ported with more watts it'd be close. The W3's will be louder, sound better. If you can afford W6v2's then get them, awesome subs.

The real question is, what kind of sound do you want? loud, or semi loud, and nice? if you want clear, crisp, tight bass, go with the w3's, if you want it to be loud, but don't really care about sound quality got with a ported box, for the l7's

I'm looking for hard clear bass. I assume the probox is a ported box since the woofer is not enclosed from the bottom, would the JL still sound better, and would it last in such a box ?

http://www.proboxrocks.com/dodge/02upquad.shtml

From what I've been reading the L7's would hit a bit harder but not sound as crisp as the JL's .

Thanks.

how much do thoughs pro boxes cost? like how much would a 15" square superbass box be?
It's alot more expensive to buy it from their site then to get it through a reseller.

Therefore I recommend you call them up and ask them for a reseller in your area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.