Jl w3 10 Ported vs rockford p3 12 sealed

Participant count
  • Participant list
I currently have 2 jl w3v3 10-4 subs wired to 2 ohms in a ported box. I got the oorted box because i wanted the subs to be louder. If I got 2 rockford p3 subs in a sealed box, and wired it to 1 ohm, would they be louder than my current setup? If so, by how much?

You'd be trading apples for apples and the sealed box would result in less output with either of those sub choices.

If you already have the JL subs then keep them or look into something better than mainstream mediocre subs. I don't mean that in a sarcastic manner but frankly, the JL and Fosgate subs just aren't high output drivers.

If your goal is to be louder, look into a custom box that's designed for the specific sub and look into a sub that's designed for higher outputs.

There are myriad good brands of subwoofer on the market today that are a lot less expensive than JL and Fosgate and that perform much better. CT Sounds, Sundown Audio, DC Sound Labs, Obsidian Audio, C2 Audio, Tantric Sounds, Fi, Ascendant Audio & Soundqubed just to name a few. ;-)

I currently have 2 jl w3v3 10-4 subs wired to 2 ohms in a ported box. I got the oorted box because i wanted the subs to be louder. If I got 2 rockford p3 subs in a sealed box, and wired it to 1 ohm, would they be louder than my current setup? If so, by how much?
they would definitely be louder if you put the fosgates in a ported enclosure

The problem is that I have a camaro and the trunk space is minimal. I use the back seats so they have to go in the trunk. It has to be either a dual 10 or 12 inch sub setup. The box has 1.1 cu tf per sub. Any other recommendations

The problem is that I have a camaro and the trunk space is minimal. I use the back seats so they have to go in the trunk. It has to be either a dual 10 or 12 inch sub setup. The box has 1.1 cu tf per sub. Any other recommendations
you can still make it work. look into tantric woofers. i got a pair of hdd12s that will give my grandma a hair trick from a block away. and they have more practical subwoofers for people that arent crazy like me. look into the ld or md line. they are a very good price for a bad *** woofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.