JL overpriced

This thread makes me want to run down to my local JL dealer and spend $800+ on one single raw W7, and shrug off the warranty problems created by not wanting to spend the extra $ on getting it installed by someone else as no big deal. Almost.

Im happy for JL, an American car audio company that's "made it". But, they target a different slice of the market than I am a part of, and I wont pretend I like that personally.

I like JL also, but it is overpriced. I'm not complaining though, just giving an opinion. There are too many other cheaper good quality brands out there for me to save money just to get JL. Some people must have the 1000/1 because they think it is the KING of AMPS, but I'd rather have 1 ZX2500.1 over 2 1000/1's. I've heard many JL setups and until I see JL setups start walking all over my setups, then I'll might dish out the money. I've ran into too many guys that heard some of my setups and wanted to get rid of their JL, and my setup was way cheaper.

Maybe this will give yall that care what I think is fair Ebay price wise. I would pay $450 for 1000/1, $200 for 12w6v2, and $400 for 13W7 if BNIB.

I personally have no experience with them, but I would think they are good products. I mean the price is out of my range, but if it was I would give it a try. As for me, I like my current set up. For What I paid for my 2 L5's and the box I could've got just one w7. I do wish they would make a consumer friendly sub that is cheaper so that way we can afford the sub with out saving. Thats how you become a fan anyway. But big up's for the good ol red, white, blue.

I just think a lot of ppl look too much of how loud JL is.... The problem that is ran into with that is JL isnt wanting to be loud, they mainly concentrate on their sound, and new technology.

I do think they are a great product, and maybe a tad bit overpriced, but do find them to back it up with quality. I like the sound of their woofers(not saying they are the best), but that is just me as everyones sense of sound is different.

As for their amps I think they are good quality. the way they work and able to put out 1000w at 1.5 ohms-4 from 11-14.4 v is always a good feature and I was able to tell a noticeable difference between that and other products.

All in all summary of it is..... they arent the loudest or best equipment out, but def offer a really reliable product. To me their products have nice SQ, even the dub7. Obviously everyone wont think theis way bc there are so many different options out there

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=112
I see no information in their current warranty coverage that requires dealer installation for full warranty benefits //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You know the long-standing tradition Im referring to at JL for not giving a waranty for 'non authorized' installers installing the equipment. If that has changed, its fairly recent. And if so, great.

I do wish they would make a consumer friendly sub that is cheaper so that way we can afford the sub with out saving.
You know they make the W1v2 and W3v3 series of subs right? They don't only make the W6v2 and W7.

The one I always find funny is as soon as something is out of someone's price range, it becomes "overpriced." The reality is the the person whining is "underfunded." You want over priced? Look at diamonds or real luxury items where the price is 99% of the appeal. Add high end audio cables and various other "audiophile" snake oil to that list too.

I've been usuing JL Subs since 1991 when I bought

a Smartbox for my Mazda standard cab pickup. I've

been usuing JL's ever since. I'm still usuing a 3-10

box that I bought in 1996, never had a problem with

any JL sub. Tried some of their cheaper component

speakers when I bought the 3-10 box...but wasn't

very impressed with them after usuing MB quart.

I have no idea what a pair of new JL subs cost,

but I'd buy them again, just because they've always

sounded Great to me...and the judges....they've

always worked, and I've never had a problem with

any of them.

Regards Sonny

i wish they still made the W0's... those 3 10's SLAMMED with my crunch 350w amp. Id buy them again in a second just for nostaliga..

i like JL alot.. i have a long history with there products, but with company's like Sundown, FI, and Mach 5, i just dont use them anymore...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I've been usuing JL Subs since 1991 when I boughta Smartbox for my Mazda standard cab pickup. I've

been usuing JL's ever since. I'm still usuing a 3-10

box that I bought in 1996, never had a problem with

any JL sub. Tried some of their cheaper component

speakers when I bought the 3-10 box...but wasn't

very impressed with them after usuing MB quart.

I have no idea what a pair of new JL subs cost,

but I'd buy them again, just because they've always

sounded Great to me...and the judges....they've

always worked, and I've never had a problem with

any of them.

Regards Sonny
usuing?

the w7 has a rediculous mounting system that takes 45 minutes to do, for that reason alone I wouldnt own one.
unless jl has changed the way they mount in the past year or so they are not that bad mounting. you just take a retaining ring off. peal up the outside of the surround. shoot screws through the basket into the cabinent. put the surround down, replace the retaining ring then there in a flat band that holds everything into place.

when people pay the prices they do for zapco, mcintosh, tru, etc., why does jl's price shock so many? their proven technological advances show that they're obviously putting some money into R&D...i think i'll pay a little extra for good ****
their subs still cant raise a baby. their amps still cannot make my car go into the past/future. what kind of technological advances could there possibly be? I see none.

Of all the misspelled words on this forum....and you

pick on a slip of an extra U......That's why I don't post

here often? There certainly must be something more

important for you to do:rolleyes:

Regards Sonny

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ineed$

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Ineed$
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date