Jl Jx500/d keeps going into protect

Participant count
  • Participant list

Erikg223

CarAudio.com Newbie
CT
hey So I'm fairly new to car audio still learning each day I have a jl jx 500 hooked up to my two 10 inch Rockford Fosgate subs and I keep coming to the problem with the amp turning off while my system is on the highest volume. I also got a 10 ich chuchero box with two 10inch mids and two supper tweeters powered by a Rockville rxa-f1. I've been troubleshooting but have had no luck one thing I did find out was when I disconnect the RCA's from the other amp it doesn't turn off at all but once both are connected the JL just goes in to protect but once I turn it down a bit it goes back to normal. thanks in advance for the advice.

Hve you meassured the power to it? The rca Cables are just signals from the radio to the amp and wont turn amps on or off, check if the ground is solid and that its grounded to bare metal

Hve you meassured the power to it? The rca Cables are just signals from the radio to the amp and wont turn amps on or off, check if the ground is solid and that its grounded to bare metal
No I haven't measured the power to it and today I cleaned up the ground making sure it was bare metal so I don't think its that.

This usually means that the amp is not getting enough power to play at high volume. Are you sure the cables are the correct size? You should also see if all the connections are solid in the ground and power.

This usually means that the amp is not getting enough power to play at high volume. Are you sure the cables are the correct size? You should also see if all the connections are solid in the ground and power.
I was thinking that it could be the power but the things is that it just started and I've had the amp for about 4 months

Since nobody else is going to ask
Which RF subs?
Are they single or dual VC
If they are dual how do you have them wired?
its two Rockford fosgate RFZ 3410 its a single voice coil and I got the box for free from a family friend and he had it wired just both speakers going directly to the cup terminal. so both speakers meet at the cup terminal and the wires do not connect to each other

This means a lack of power. When both RCAs are plugged in, both amps are playing. When power drops, the bigger amp will shut down. You should have a 4 AWG cable and at least an 80 amp fuse.
This means a lack of power. When both RCAs are plugged in, both amps are playing. When power drops, the bigger amp will shut down. You should have a 4 AWG cable and at least an 80 amp fuse.
I currently have 4 gauge wire ruing to a distribution block that has two 8 gauge powering the amps but I've recently ordered 4 gauge so it 4 gauge all around and I have a 100 amp fuse by the battery

its two Rockford fosgate RFZ 3410 its a single voice coil and I got the box for free from a family friend and he had it wired just both speakers going directly to the cup terminal. so both speakers meet at the cup terminal and the wires do not connect to each other
I thought maybe you were running DVC's and over loading the amp but your running at 2ohms which is what the amp can handle.
A 4 gauge run on that amp should be suppling the power it needs
Maybe there is something wrong with the amp internally.
It should still be under warranty

I thought maybe you were running DVC's and over loading the amp but your running at 2ohms which is what the amp can handle.
A 4 gauge run on that amp should be suppling the power it needs
Maybe there is something wrong with the amp internally.
It should still be under warranty
I bought the amo used so I do not know how old it is but it’s strange because it’s been working fine and just started Turing off I do think it could be something internal because I’ve checked everything else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.