JL hd600 or JL 300/4 slash v2 or a Alpine PDX f4?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ultraspeed

So like it states I'm looking at these amps to run my 6.5 components front and rear! I have a eclipse head unit and alpine 6.5 components in the front and rear but may switch the rears to JL or switch the front to focal k2s... Im looking for a amp that will sound great for music like ac/dc and metallica! i listen to rap to but im not so worried on that mostly gear it towards Rock music! with this being said what is some feedback on these amps. I can get them at the following prices

HD600- 570.00

300/4 slash v2- 249.00

PDX f4- 328.00

And a little info on the current setup

Rockford amp

eclipse head unit

alpine 610c components front and rear

Later would like to update to these

focal k2s front only

JL c3s front and rear ?

or JL ZR both.

and maybe a 8inch W7 nothing big i dont want a crap ton of bass just veryy good depth!!

Kramer whats your reasoning please explain?

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

audiobaun explain i need details guys lol

In general, I have always liked A/B amplifiers for one,never have really liked JL due to the Price for one thing,yet,it is a class d, and relatively new for front staging amplification/hasnt been around for very long other than substage.to me, its like having a digital tv,there are only so many hours that that digital tv is going to last,verses the old tube tvs.Is it the same concept?I really dont know,but I do know that my A/b amplifiers I have, and use are 15 plus yrs old, and still going strong,without any issues.sound Streams have always been excellent amps that have been around before JL,and have always delivered the power, along with clarity,as the TDH% is also lower than the JL d amp by specs.Ive never had a SSTREAM amp loose power due to getting heated up..ever..I guess Im just partial to SStream,and what they have done over the years, and continue doing..deliver,and afraid of the Digital amps today.Just me..My pref, for front staging amplification, is old school Alpine Duo-b/Hifonics VII,VIII series amps, and Autotek BTS,white mean machines,USA US Acoustics SeriesII.

what if i throw in the XD400/4 from JL what would u say to this amp? any more info guys? I'm buying friday need some good info on these amps.. i almost bought the PDXf4 last night but backed out keep hearing so many mixed results

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.