JL Audio 650ZR-CSi

Participant count
  • Participant list
Whats your opinions on the JL Audio ZR Series Comps?I am looking to replace all four of my current (Verge UGH!!) speakers with the 6.5" version of the ZR series, but wasnt sure how they sounded...
they've been recently released....supposedly good stuff being their high line- why not take a ride to a local shop and find a way to demo them? soundboard or customers car....

well boys let me tell you, these are as good as it gets. i heard them this past week at mera. they sound amazing, but your budget must be astranomical. a set is gonna run you 700-800 from a jl authorized dealer. problem is that not even dealers can get them yet, and jl hasnt given a set date as to when they will be shipped. good idea though.

if just the 2 way comps, i think those are 300-400, and the three ways are a little more, something like 400-450-500ish not exactly sure.

the reason the zr's are so much is that they employ almost every technology as the w7...so they are mini w7's basically

alright well thats alot better... cause i didnt wanna be spending 1400-1600$ just to replace my four speakers, i didnt even spend that on my 2 subs and amp

personally i like the vr series better than the xr series, and those can be had for 280....the xr tweeter is realllllllyyy bright and sometimes harsh. where as the vr series is very smooth.

id get those if i was you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.