JL Audio 10W1v3-2 - Overpowering @ 800w - will it last?

kn7671

How long should I expect my JL Audio 10W1v3-2 (2-ohm single voice coil) to last on an 800 watt amp in a sealed enclosure?

The specs from JL Audio state RMS power is 300 watts. I've used many JL Audio subs in the past, but not with nearly triple the RMS power rating, so looking for feedback.

For reference, the amp I'm using is an AudioControl LC-1.800 (800w @ 2ohms).

lol the song didn't blow your sub. Misuse of equipment did.

Just buy another sub. Sundown yardsale just reopened....or opened another.

And here I was hoping this was a snuff vid of the sub, you're such a tease....lol.
Haha, it happened on the drive home from work, but after I got home and pulled the sub, it smelled so awful that I had put the sub outside, then pulled the enclosure and put it in a large black trash bag and sealed it up until I have a chance to air it out for a few days outside.

Haha, it happened on the drive home from work, but after I got home and pulled the sub, it smelled so awful that I had put the sub outside, then pulled the enclosure and put it in a large black trash bag and sealed it up until I have a chance to air it out for a few days outside.
look at yardsale for a sa get ported box..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.