JL audi 500/1 no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

audib5parts

I finally found a decent w6v2 for my car that i bought a few months back that came with jl 300/4 and 500/1 booth v1s

the 300/4 works great but when i went to hook up the sub no sound was coming out..

i went out and bought another rca cable and rca to headphone jack.

new rca cable from headunit subout to 500/1 amp no sound.

new rca cable from headunit subout to 300/4 amp sound comes out

new rca/headphone from ipod to 500/1 amp sound comes out?

what gives hahah?

thank you

ok i went back through everything and set gain accordingly , i was able to get sound but it is very distorted even at low levels, seems like it cuts out and doesn't hold bass notes, just big hits.

Personally I'd suspect the amp since the first gen slash series is rounding the corner on that age where capacitors fail. What's suspicious is that you had "no sound" now you have some. I can't follow precisely what you did different but it bears double checking fundamentals (good ground, no loose fuses, all switches and crossovers right)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.