jacob and dbeez thank you my V3's made it look at these monsters

The SA Zv3 is a pretty sick sub.

We tried a D1 Zv3 in Cory's truck in 2.5cuft@36hz on an IA20.1 (original version) just to see what it would do. We already had the box built...I was just a demo box we had around the shop for the sound-room. We have found that in-vehicle, this sub needs a smaller box and lower tuning though. We plan to do a center console box in Cory's '04 quadcab ram very soon. Thinking ~2-2.25cuft @ 30-32hz...just have to crunch some #'s and nail down the design.

Even though the current box is somewhat off from what the Zv3 wants in this vehicle, it still performs amazingly well. I just want to tweak the design to tailor it to Cory's listening habits better.

I have to say, the Zv3 is insane for the $. People that buy Kicker L7, Memphis Mojo, RF T2, and other mainstream subs would be very sad when they get outperformed by the SA-Zv3

Thought these where night shades?
New Z v.3 model is similar in heft to a Nightshade... the coil is bigger than the NS v.1 and the motor just as strong but with less distortion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It was close enough to the NS v.2 that we decided to move ahead to the NS v.3 model.

Ok im off to see if i can tackle this problem..i hope its the ground will soon find out thanks all
If you need some help feel free to call me, I would be happy to help if I can.

Almost a shame that you don't have a box with a viewing window with those...lol they look so ****.

Keep your ground to the batt and add another directly to the chassis as well. But first, check your voltage at the amp when it goes into protect to see if voltage is even the issue.

Dmm will be your friend today. Lol

If I have an issue like yours I normally check things in a quick check order.

Check front voltage with engine off then on.

Check voltage at the back battery with enigine off then on.

Check voltage at the amp with engine off then on. Then again while playing.

I also check the speaker wiring at the amp as well.

New Z v.3 model is similar in heft to a Nightshade... the coil is bigger than the NS v.1 and the motor just as strong but with less distortion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
It was close enough to the NS v.2 that we decided to move ahead to the NS v.3 model.
Awww ok I just read something about the new NS and didn't know you where doing a V3 Z so I assumed it was the new NS... I may very well try one out but need to get my TC built first...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tdford5

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
tdford5
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date