It's official, I'm a cheapskate

Participant count
  • Participant list

n2audio
5,000+ posts

OPTIDRIVEN
Yo --

So, I'm old...My daughter's in college ($$$) and my son plays travel baseball ($$), so car audio's a ways down my priority list.

My ~10 yr old component amp is developing a short/open that's starting to drive me crazy.  It's a 4 ch I run bridged.  My components are extremely power hungry.

Looking for amp replacments I stumbled onto this thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292187487839

Obviously, Blaupunkt is a far cry from the company they were 10-20 yrs ago, but honestly - I don't really care.

300x2?  I seriously doubt it.  But at 250, even 200x2 it's a bargain.

Figured if I try it out I'd have it shipped to bigblank69 just to see how far off it is.  Not sure how long it takes him to get to one though.  No PM in here?

Last edited by a moderator:
4500.2 -- what, maybe 350x2 at 2.  200x2 at 4?

That led me to the Orion zt1500.4.  Says 90x4 at 4.
Model numbers can be deceiving for instance my Diamond Audio D5600.2 is not a 5600 watt amp, it’s a D5 series 600 watt 2 channel. I wouldn’t put too much credence in the model number giving you wattage from a company that’s fallen by the wayside. The better known manufacturers do follow that “model number tells you RMS wattage” principle, but I wouldn’t count on blaupunkt to do the same

Model numbers can be deceiving.  I wouldn’t put too much credence in the model number giving you wattage from a company that’s fallen by the wayside.
Uhhh - I didn't.

I was just identifying an amp and trying to guesstimate power output.  With brands like these I usually just look at fuse size.

Uhhh - I didn't.

I was just identifying an amp and trying to guesstimate power output.  With brands like these I usually just look at fuse size.
Wasn’t trying to be accusatory bruh, just tryin to help out. Have you looked into that pioneer 4 channel Ryan tested? Cant remember the wattage, but should produce a gob of juice bridged. Hell, get 2 of em to run a pair of channels to each driver at the price they go for

I need 200x2 min.  I'd prefer 250-300x2.  Doing that with a 2 ch at 4 ohms is not as cost effective as a bridged 4 ch.  Been doing it this way for years.

Sure, I could get a Pio or PPI or something everyone knows is a decent amp for a good price, but that takes half the fun out of it.  I want to find that cubic zirconia in the rough.

I need 200x2 min.  I'd prefer 250-300x2.  Doing that with a 2 ch at 4 ohms is not as cost effective as a bridged 4 ch.  Been doing it this way for years.

Sure, I could get a Pio or PPI or something everyone knows is a decent amp for a good price, but that takes half the fun out of it.  I want to find that cubic zirconia in the rough.
best of luck then LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.