Its back again...

barneythedino
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
My system is cutting out again. Had a very similar problem in my last car a 94 thunderbird with only a Memphis MC1000 I think it was pushing my SE's. I would turn it up and it would start cutting out. I sold the car got a new 93' full size blazer and installed the system seen below. Had no problems with it at all for the last month and a half its been installed. Could play it at 75% volume for over an hour no cut outs or a skip.

Last week i went to show off my system and it cut out on me, I turned the truck off then back on and it worked again. I know it's probably electrical, but my lights don't dim or anything. Wouldn't they start dimming atleast before completely cutting out. Today my system cut out and stayed off for over 5 minutes, I parked it went to the gym came back out and it still wasn't working. I changed CD's and it worked again for about 5 minutes then cut out when I turned it up high. The thing is once it cuts out even if I turn the volume to 0 for a minute or two it won't come back until I turn off the car or change CD's.

I'm really not sure what's going on, i'd assume the big 3 is needed. =\ What do you guys think?

well the big 3 will never hurt. now im thinking it might be voltage drop. are your amps going into protect, or are they staying on and not putting out any sound, or are they completly shutting off?

try playin it at that level or a little lower, at idle, and get back there and watch it and see exactly what happens. im guessing it is just going into protect because of voltage drops.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.