is this any good? HUSKY Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun

Participant count
  • Participant list

PowerNaudio
10+ year member

the power of audio
killeen, TX
im looking for something other then spray cans to paint fiberglass enclosures and was looking at the HUSKY Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun from home depot, i don't know anything about Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun never used one before. but im sure i can get the hang of it.

any feedback on this specific model would be greatly appreciate.

thanks in advance.

laters

I use a Graco HVLP at work spraying topcoat, i'm fairly new to spraying, only been doing it for about 3 months. I havn't used any other gun than at work so I can't really answer your question.

i think that one may be a little to expencive for me. im trying to stay with in the $100 dollars range.

PS: can a moderator please move this thread to Car Interior/Exterior Enhancements

plz thanks

i talked to a guy at work that says he got one thats very similar to it and he had a hard time trying to get it to get a nice clean pattern or spray, sayed it spits little speckels of paint, but then again, he staited he wasnt good with the spray gun.

is there a basic or how to spray gun, or a what to look for when buying one these things.

thanks for any help you got.

Dont know anything about that specific gun, but I do know that going the cheap route on a spray gun usually turns out to be just that. You have a gun that sprays like it was cheaply made. With the more expensive guns you usually have better atomization, more even spray pattern and in turn less orange peel which creates a more professional finish. Also note that it is preferred to have a different gun for shooting primers, one for spraying base colors, and then a dedicated clear gun. You can get away with having one for just primers and one for base and clears but its best to seperate them. You will need a 1.8 - 2.0 tip for spraying primers and a 1.3 - 1.5 tip at the largest for shooting clear and base colors. I use an Iwata LPH400 for shooting my base colors, a Sata 2000 for my clear, and a devilbiss finishline III for shooting primers. I also will use a sata mini jet4 when working on smaller projects. All these guns are rather expensive when it comes to the auto body painting business but you also get one of the best finishes as long as you know what you are doing. If you plan on doing many jobs and want the best overall finish I would not go cheap. I have heard of one gun that is excellent for shooting primers called the Astro DX9 it is around 80 bucks I think, and I have heard many good reviews by people in the business. As far as any other cheap guns doing a good job I have yet to hear any overwhelming results. Let me know if you have any more questions.

well im a have to wait then to get a good quality paint gun.

im mostly going to use it to paint fiberglass enclosures. then maybe move on to painting cars or parts of cars, who knows. ill be gone for a good month after the 25th ill come back with some cash then. ill send you a pm if you don't mind once im back and im ready to purchase one, and see what you think about the one ill select.

till then laters

and thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.