Is this amp a POS or good?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif Says the guy who has asked everyone?
The used amps section in this site and other car audio related sites are where I would search first and foremost. Then if you can find something that fits your bill OP, trace back the person's history and feedback online to see if that person is reliable enough in your eyes to make the transaction.
I'm also not the one on the soap box...

Are you suggesting that amplifiers put out max rms all the time?
No, that's exactly what he was arguing against by saying that a lower amp rating is ok, he was just using some sarcasm with the SAZ example by saying it must only do X amount of power because of X fuse rating. You're the one who made the assumption that 120amps worth of fusing /= being capable of 1500 watts of output.

120 fusing= 1468 at 85% I'm guessing it does closer to 1200

No, that's exactly what he was arguing against be saying that a lower amp rating is ok, he was just using some sarcasm with the SAZ example by saying it must only do X amount of power because of X fuse rating. You're the one who made the assumption that 120amps worth of fusing /= being capable of 1500 watts of output.
Actually what I said is based on the fusing it will be in that general area, which it will.

Are you suggesting that amplifiers put out max rms all the time? Sure a fuse will take much more power then rated for short periods at a time. That doesn't mean that it is a meaningless thing to go by fuse ratings, it will get you in ballpark range.
If I put a 120A fuse in a housing that's only rated for 50A (which a lot of cheap amps do) - do you really think looking at the silk screen on the fuse is going to tell you much? No, it isn't.

This is a case of getting what you pay for. At 10c a watt, do you really think this is a quality product? I'm going to have to go with 'hell no'. The guts are probably freshened up Pyramid/Rockwood boards and every corner that could be cut was...and then some.

If there's one thing in a system someone should spend a bit on and do right the 1st time; it's the amp. A good amp will flatter speakers and a poor one will leave you wanting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.