Is this a good meter?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jonnyswboy

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Overpowering? You bottoming it or does it smell?
Rarely have I had it smell. And I'm not sure if I am bottoming it out, you tell me.

Looks like the coil is pretty toasted. Id run it till she gives, tune a little higher till it actually bakes. Look at getting a recone kit ready or look at another sub to replace it soon.Back the gains down and retune it a bit higher till then when you get a replacement option.Its only a matter of time before she actually blows

This is the cheapest meter I can find that measures high DC current. I want it to determine if I am overpowering my sub.

Thanks.
Im still OLD SCHOOL. I tune my subs by ear. I listen for the distortion threshold then i turn it down till its pretty clean and run it.Ive had good luck this way for more than 20 years.Looks like the reviews on this meter is pretty decent.Ive never heard of this brand nor used,so I can not comment on its reliability. I have and use Fluke.Mine has lasted for a good while.Tuning your system takes time.It doesnt take one day.Its takes time to get it where you like it or where you accept it at.

Im still OLD SCHOOL. I tune my subs by ear. I listen for the distortion threshold then i turn it down till its pretty clean and run it.Ive had good luck this way for more than 20 years.Looks like the reviews on this meter is pretty decent.Ive never heard of this brand nor used,so I can not comment on its reliability. I have and use Fluke.Mine has lasted for a good while.Tuning your system takes time.It doesnt take one days.Its takes time to get it where you like it or where you accept it at.

I agree with this guy. You can smell or hear when your sub isn't happy. Burnt glue smell can be a good smell during break-in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.