is my treo blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list

acold7dusta
10+ year member

y they stealin my bucket?
buffalo, NY
well heres the setup: memphis ST-1000D (1100 RMS @1) powering one Treo 10" SSi D2 sub (750 RMS) in a 1.8 cu ft sealed enclosure @ 1 ohm. Alright so i set my gains to around 3/4 and i dk why but the memphis amp doesnt get very loud at all (ive tried many things) its sounds amazing, just not as punchy as i thought (at all). anyways i was blasting music the other day, and after about 20 minutes, sub stopped playin. i pull over and check everything, and the amps "fuse fault" was lit up. so i order some new fuses. and BTW local audio store put in 2 30 amp fuses instead of the 40s that are recommended. so i blew both 30s and waited for the new fuses to come in. got the fuses today, and put them in today. Power the sub up and it makes like a rattling noise inside whenever the bass hits:crap: . after a few choice words, i remount my amp, turn the gains down to about 1/2 and put the seats up. you cant really hear it rattling nemore. What exactly happened to my sub, and can i fix it in anyway? this really upset me, since the same thing happened to my old kenwood sub, and i only have had this stuff for about a month

please help me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

thanks in advance, kevin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.