Is my HU toast?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bannock
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys,

driving home the other day when my car died on me. No biggie since i have CAA but i figured i would check it out before calling. After a bit of looking i decided to check in my trunk. There must have been snow on the wheels of the stroller that melted and dripped onto my amp so i took the power and remote wire off. Car started right after and i made it home. HU didn't turn back on after i removed the wires and started the car so i checked the fuse in the car and as well as on the back to the HU, not blown. Could that have caused some internal damage to it or is there something else i should look at? HU is an Kenwood, about 3 or 4 years old.

thanks!

best thing i could say is run you a jumper wire from pos post on battery to the red and yellow wire to see if i comes on. If so then one of the wires in stock harness in car is dead. Could be your main 12 all time wire or accessory wire.

do that ^^^

if not, then not sure why that would occur. i have heard of instances from amps frying, taking the HU within due to an RCA signal issue.

actually how i fried my first pioneer, but simply by-passed the pico fuse.

Thanks for the ideas, ill try that out. Everything else in the car works fine, its just the HU that won't turn on so i hope its not a wire in the main harness

after 3 or 4 years its probably time for an upgrade anyway
cant believe you said that, with all the os gear you got. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

also check your factory fuse panel sir.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bannock

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bannock
winnipeg,mb
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date