Is it worth getting a DSP?

Sound deadener doesn't block road noise. It lowers the resonance of panels.

MLV blocks road noise.

CCF stops rattling caused by 2 surfaces touching each other.

Going from the 80prs to a good DSP with a good tune is night and day

But you need to get all you can out of the 80 first. It's a big learning curve.

Get a RTA and learn how to level match each driver. Set delays perfect.

Then see where it's lacking. Maybe a DSP can help it there or maybe it's a install issue.

First thing you need is a reference to go off of

These guys have covered some good points so I won't go on about it. It's also worth noting that the 80 is DSP, you're just wondering if you need a more capable DSP device and I would agree with the others in saying no. You should really find out how you feel the 80 may be limiting you, then purchase something more capable.

Yeah the 80 does have its limitations. But most won't know what they are. If you get a reference you want to copy and it's running a more capable DSP then you will find its limits.

Yeah the 80 does have its limitations. But most won't know what they are. If you get a reference you want to copy and it's running a more capable DSP then you will find its limits.
I've definitely been limited by the 800PRS on occasion but it's pretty decent for what it is. If I ever stepped things up I would likely go to a full on software application or maybe MiniDSP, something like that. I'm trying to keep it fun, though.

Sound deadener doesn't block road noise. It lowers the resonance of panels. MLV blocks road noise.

CCF stops rattling caused by 2 surfaces touching each other.

Going from the 80prs to a good DSP with a good tune is night and day

But you need to get all you can out of the 80 first. It's a big learning curve.

Get a RTA and learn how to level match each driver. Set delays perfect.

Then see where it's lacking. Maybe a DSP can help it there or maybe it's a install issue.

First thing you need is a reference to go off of
KMSL. john really is a douche

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.