Is it safe?

Participant count
  • Participant list

thedj
10+ year member

My amp is 600rms mono channel, and my subs are 600rms too, so everything matches up and its all wired up at 4 ohms, so would it be safe to put the volume up as loud as I want? also the bass boost on the Head Unit it set to 6 (the highest) I used to have it on 4, but I changed it to 6 and it sounds so good. on the amp the bass boost is at 0, and its 80 hertz on the head unit. So can I put the volume up to around 50? without worrying about the amp blowing up or anything? right now I leave the volume between 27 - 32

i would lower the sub hz to 60 if u can and dont go max on the sub gain from your deck i would put it at + 2. if u go near lets say 40ish u will send a clip signal and if u start to play like this for sometime u will burn up your voice coils. what is your box tune to?

i would lower the sub hz to 60 if u can and dont go max on the sub gain from your deck i would put it at + 2. if u go near lets say 40ish u will send a clip signal and if u start to play like this for sometime u will burn up your voice coils. what is your box tune to?

wtf are you talking about? That makes no sense. Don't give advice on stuff you do not understand.

OP, it is all about setting your gain correctly. You should out your gain to 0 on your amp and the sub level to 0 on the hu. Put in a good quality cd and turn it up until your speakers start to distort. Turn it down a few clicks. Then start turning up your gain on the sub amp gradually until you hear traces of sub distortion, then back the gain off a bit. BTW 80hz is where you should be at, do NOT set it to 60hz unless you have some serious midbass drivers that can play with authority that low which I am seriously doubting.

After this do not touch any of the settings, bass boost, gain, bass speaker setting etc. You will start clipping the sub if you do and this spells an early death for your sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.