is it possible

Participant count
  • Participant list

uthnkunome27

Georgia
To Get A slamming System For $400. I Sold My Ppi Amp And Pioneer Champion Pro 12 And Wanted To Upgrade. I'm Good With Used Stuff Or New. I Just Want One 12 And Amp. Brand, Model Number And Price Would Be Appreciated If This Is feasible. Just Putting This In My Commuter Car.

You'll want a custom box - if you can build it yourself that would save a lot of money. You could go with a single XFL 12 ($200) and a PPI BK1800.1 ($180) - set the gains properly and you'll have a pretty loud system with plenty of headroom.

I Looked At some American bass On Here. Never Heard Of Them Until I Signed Up. I've Always Had Rf, Kicker, alpine, Etc. I Have Had A Couple Ppi Amps In The Past And Liked Them. what Makes Ab Be Choice Over The Other well Publicized Brands I Mentioned.

Ppi The Best bang For The Buck I'm Gonna Get?

If you want a cheap and slamming system and can build your own box my suggestion would be this..

--4 gauge wire for power and ground

--planet audio ac5000.1D (does true 1500 watts easy)

--DB Drive WDX 12' 5K or Soundqubed hdc3 12'

I say planet audio only because its a budget amp and can do lower wattage easy but you can always find a better amp.

Either way all of this would cost 480 max if installed yourself.

I have the same db drive sub so i can say it hits loud. As for the amp replaced i had it but need way more power since the db drive loves power.

ok im on a laptop now.

What are the pros and cons of using american bass and brands such as that. Out of 15 years in messing with car audio, ive only dealth with the other brands such as kicker, RF, orion, audiobahn, alpine etc subs and amps. No one around here has ever heard of most of the stuff mentioned or pushed on this forum and neither have i until i joined. I am definately going to try the AB xfl 12 though. Just trying to get an understanding of the difference in the big popular brands and these others. I told my buddy the other day that i was going to get an AB and he started laughing. He thought it was a lesser than walmart quality speaker.

as far as the amp. Id like to get something less than 200. I have had a couple of ppi amps and liked them in the past. Im down for getting another one. I ran my previous setup at 1 ohm. I have 4ga wire. dont have big 3 yet.

AB subs work well in small enclosures and are cheap for their ability. Very nice subs for the money . SA also make good small enclosure subs with a good price point. Remember you can make a crappy sub loud with a great box. Listen to the others and get a nice custom box.

These brands don't spend tons on marketing like those larger brands do. Sq, ab, sa, dc, etc. Are all very well known and respected on the audio scene. Most everyone who competes will recognize them. Build quality is top notch in comparison and recones are easy to come by.

The xfl is a very nicely built woofer. It needs quite a bit of power though. I had mine on a ppi 1800 and it was still very stiff months later when I sold it.

Edit: and I don't agree with the guy above me. My xfls did horrible in a small enclosure, they required a larger enclosure for my setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.