Is it possible with these dimensions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BumpinStang
10+ year member

Would I be able to effectively use a ported box for 2 12" subwoofers considering my trunk space is as follows:

Height: -16" under trunk

-12" towards back seat due to the amp frame for my stock speakers.

Depth (backseat to trunk): 36"

Width: -51" at trunk

-39" near backseat

Trunk opening space

Width: 47" top half and 27" bottom half

Length: 17"

Hopefully these dimensions are helpful I tried being specific.

Lol before I even read your screen name, I knew you had a Mustang just from your dimensions. You're probably going to be better off building the box in the car. I ran a 2 cube box for 1 12 before, and I had to pull the spare tire out and completely disassemble the trunk and rear seats just to get it in. The Mustang trunks have quite a bit of space, but the openings ****.

I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif its so unfortunate... I've heard now twice that I should build the box in the trunk itself, but as I keep visualizing that I don't see it possible lol. That is why perhaps I will have to get someone to do it for me. I really don't want to "settle." I want to find a way to get 2 12s and a ported box in my trunk. I have currently two 12s in a sealed box and that barely squeezes in from the opening.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.