Is it possible to put 6x9 speaker in a 6x8 baffle?

Participant count
  • Participant list
haha can a square fit in a round hole? reverse mount the 6x9's? that'll look crappy but......... i'd fit a pair of 6" splits or coax in a 6x8 spacer plate. (heads up 6x9's ****)

The real question is why? Yea if anything you should be making 6.5s fit in the 6x8 hole
i have also been told this but i dont know why if i have the same speaker one being a 6x8 and one being a 6.5 why would the 6.5 be a better choice would i really hear the difference between the two

i have also been told this but i dont know why if i have the same speaker one being a 6x8 and one being a 6.5 why would the 6.5 be a better choice would i really hear the difference between the two
The main reason is a wider selection of 6.5" speakers. Sometimes it's followed up with or replaced by the myth that you have to have a round speaker to get good sound quality, which is bogus.

6x9s are quite a bit bigger than 6x8s. Also, your mounting depth is likely a problem for fitting a 6x9.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.