Is it possible to make my truck loud?

Beermakesmehoppy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 02 Ford F250 Crew Cab and want some serious SQL! I have a Hifonics BX1500D amp and I am thinking about getting an RE Audio SX12. Since the subs are going behind the rear seats, I wanted to know if it is possible to make my truck sound just as cool as sub in a trunk? I have roughly 3 cubes of WIDE space. haha

Sorry not possible.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Just kidding. Of course it's possible to make it loud. I'm not an SPL guy so I'll let the others chime in here.

Hey fellow ford guy. I got an 05 F350 crew cab. I know the rear seats are a little different, you actually have a bit more room to work with I believe. Mounting depth is your main killer. With mine the most I can realistically see is about 5" of mounting depth leaving some room for excursion before hitting the seat and leaving some room for the sub to breath behind the magnet (if it has a pole vent)

Might need to do a little bit of meausuring and such before going ahead and pulling the trigger on the RE, definitly a good choice I would just double check on the mounting depth and such, and check your measurement about 7" up from the floor or so to try and get the most depth you can with your room. If your going with a single 12" you can probably get away with porting it. From what I have read side ports are the loudest, I think passenger side being slightly better than driver. Maybe snag a aero port and pop it in the side.

This should get the ball rolling and some more of the loud people can give ya some pointers.

If you can get me some rough dimensions I could whip something up in AutoCad and give ya a better idea at what your lookin at for volume and mounting depth and what not.

I test drove and broke an 03 F350 Sport XLT the other day. The first set of 6.0's(the ones that whistle like hell when you straight pipe them)...and errr, yeah. The first lineup(03) of 6.0's are some **** shitty motors. I knew it before I looked at the truck and now I will not own one.

Awesome trucks though, makes ya feel like a man to own one.

I think I want my Duramax back.

Friend of mine has the 4 door 05(and another with a 4 door 06) both ahve the shallow mount pioneer 12's ported behind the seats. I'm not sure how deep of an area you have compared to theirs but I can(sadly enough) almost gurantee that if it's going behind the seats the only real choice you have is something along the lines of two ported shallow mount 12's. I'm probably wrong.

Post how big of a space you have to work with boss.

hey, You can flip your seat brackets around and gain about 4 more inches of depth overall. My 03 f350 was done thin way. fit 3 10w3 ported with room to spare. nobody has ever complained about leg room either,,,,,,

Ha! i'm in the same boat. only I got subs already. jl w6v2. Still plotting on how i'm gonna fit them in the little back seat 06 f250 crew cab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.