is it possible to go from push terminals to direct leads?

Will 8 guage like loud said be more than enough? Just wanna make sure theres no weak spots in the system.
Wire is speced by the amount of current it can flow over a set amount of feet. 8awg is good for 50 amps at 20 feet. Your sub will never see 50 amps of current and I doubt you have 20 feet of speaker wire. Why do you think huge subs only have 8-10awg terminals?

Is there any way i can remove the push terminals once i get the HDS310s and solder 4 guage ofc wire to the tinsel?
You will VOID WARRANTY from right off. but sure you can.You can solder it, just be sure you have some kind of bracing for the heavy ga wiring so it is stable/ doesnt pull on the leads at the sub putting it in a bind

Wire is speced by the amount of current it can flow over a set amount of feet. 8awg is good for 50 amps at 20 feet. Your sub will never see 50 amps of current and I doubt you have 20 feet of speaker wire. Why do you think huge subs only have 8-10awg terminals?
Ah i see thanks bro im unsure when it comes to wiring and the amps thing

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

You will VOID WARRANTY from right off. but sure you can.You can solder it, just be sure you have some kind of bracing for the heavy ga wiring so it is stable/ doesnt pull on the leads at the sub putting it in a bind
Then i will deff not be doing this lol

I use 4 gauge OFC because I have to run my speaker wires from the back to the front, and it looks really beefy. I'll know for sure that the speaker wires aren't holding me back when I get the Taramps 30k.

You should be able to remove the push terminals

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.