is audiobahn overrated??

78nova
10+ year member

XXX
i've heard a lot of people on this forum talking crap about audiobahn subs that they **** and this and that, and i myself think they **** to but this isnt about the subs this is about the amps. i've never really heard somebody say that audiobahn is overrated? they just talk crap cuz there all chromed out and ****. i personally have an audiobahn a3201t, i think this amp is awesome i love it but i know there is way better for the price i payed for $309, but are audiobahn amps really overrated like the a2300hct that supposably puts out 2400w rms x 1 at 1 ohm and the a1500hct that puts out 2000w rms x 1 at 1 ohm

also how does the audiobahn a1500hct compare to the hifonics brutus bx1500d

thanks

Well, they're not exactly high quality you know. Actually, I like Autotek a lot more for that price range. I don't think too highly of Audiobahn. They put more emphasis on chromy plastic than on their engineering. You could do a lot worse, but then, you could do a lot better.

ppl hate audiobahn. dunno why. i dont like their subs n spks at all. but their amps r good. they are more geared tor teenagers or ppl who wanna show off cuz of the shinyness and its blue neons, but performance wise they are good imho. i dont know how many ppl ran an audiobahn amp in their car, but it sounded good, n i dont think they overrated nor underrated. they put their power n that's it.

I have heard just about every sub they have, with it properly installed they sounded very good. I have a friend who scored 152.3DB with 2 Immortal audiobahns 12's and won the competition.

He was againest alot of good stuff too, kicker l7's, other audiobahns, alphasoniks, stuff like that and won. One guy even has a 2 12' brahma's and he beat him by .2 points on db.

the thing that makes me have a bad feeling about audiobahn is that you always see there stuff being sold at the same places where they sell all the dirt brands like lanzar and pyle. i dont know, ive just catagorized them as a high end cheap-o brand if that makes any sense.

Well my theory is that they (the subs) can take the RMS wattage, but their sensitivity and efficiency ***** so 500 rms on an audiobahn won't sound near as loud as 500 rms on a 12O (Example is I had two 15's audiobahn that were each 500 rms and they didnt' get as loud as one of my 12Os)

the technical numbers on audiobahn amps are impressive. ive never owned one and like you heard that they are junk. i think this is mostly from people jumping on a bandwagon and not really having any experience with audiobahn. also, these amps are hella expensive if you buy from a retail store. you usally get what you pay for so why is audiobahn an exception?

the specs on the amps like i said are impressive to me. do they come with a birthsheet? are they really rated at 12.5 volts like someone menitioned earlier?

the technical numbers on audiobahn amps are impressive. ive never owned one and like you heard that they are junk. i think this is mostly from people jumping on a bandwagon and not really having any experience with audiobahn. also, these amps are hella expensive if you buy from a retail store. you usally get what you pay for so why is audiobahn an exception?
the specs on the amps like i said are impressive to me. do they come with a birthsheet? are they really rated at 12.5 volts like someone menitioned earlier?
No birthsheet, at least we didn't get one. Yes, they do rate @ 12.5v, believe me,I was shocked too. In all honesty the amp is SO easy to use, and the dual fans are always a good thing to have. Oh,its a ACT1500 (I think thats the right model number) Its the high current 2kw@1ohm amp.

they might be rated at 12.5v, but as i said before, i dont believe they put out more power than rated, nor less.

audiobahn makes good amps, they are not junk at all.

spl numbers dont really say how good a sub sounds. audiobahn subs can get very loud and hit very high scores, BUT they would sound like butt while doing it. i dont know how many subs u seen, but alphasonik isn't high class neither. listen to really good sq subs that can get loud, (ID, eD, Adire, RE, Crystal...) and you would agree that audiobahn sounds like butt while gettin loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.