Is Audiobahn good now??

audioholic
5,000+ posts

not a moderator
Hey all. Ive been out of the caraudio scene for the most part, for a couple years now. When I left, Audiobahn was... okay, but pretty much a lower quality brand. But now Im seeing something different from them. Im seeing subs with what looks like alot of attention to detail (cosmetics, mat'ls, specs, etc), and for good prices, such as from Ikesound. Im looking to drop a new system in my blazer, was thinking of going with 4 subs this time, something like IDQ's. But, now Im seeing I can pick up a couple Audiobahn's for $200-300 that have the long excursion and high power handling (like the old GZ Nukes that were popular last time I was on the scene).

My questions: Has Audiobahn stepped up and started producing some nice subs? Can their specs be believed? Im looking for good SQ that gets loud (hence the idea of 4 IDQ's), which of the Audiobahn's work best for that? I saw they have regular subs, long excursion, super duper long excursion, insanely lone excursion and extreme excursion (j/k heh... but they do have alot to chose from). Are any of these long excursion subs good for tight SQ too? Would I be better off with a couple of the long excursion subs, than say 4 IDQ's?

Any input is appreciated.

audiobahn ***** for quality, and i hear they wont always live up to their power ratings...
Have you ever owned a pair?

The general concesus is that Audiobahn are only good for getting loud. In most cases they lack sound quality. But as we should all know by now sound quality is a matter of opinion and mostly effected by instal.

I had a 15" aluminum cone audiobahn, it had GREAT sound quality. Ran it at 3 ohms into an MTX 1000d amp. Should of been seeing around 800rms at 12.5 volts. Never had a problem with it.

my only experiance with audiobahn is when i hade 2 10 aw1000q subs and let me tell you i hated them. i had 2 pyramid subs the hit harder than these things not to mention they were rated at 600w rms each and i had an amp that gave them 450 each and i was getting a lot of cracking and distortion out of them. in my opinion audiobahn is more abut show than sound. but thats just my opinion based on the subs i have had

Immortal, **cough**
Also, Audiobahn's horn bodies are carbon copies of Image Dyamics horn bodies....right down to the trademark Image Dymanics molds into the horn body. But ofcourse, Audiobahn uses much, much, much lower quality material than ID does to make them......along with crappy little diaphrams nowhere near the same quality.

i have 2 12" audiobahn high excurson subs that are rated at 1600 watts and they can get LOUD but the sound quality ***** they rattle crack and make all kinds of noises

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.