Introducing the all new SSA Evil!

Man, we must have hired a bunch of people over the weekend I didn't know about as only a few people at the factory and SSA know the details.

Some needed corrections:

- The SSA 'Punishers' (the original prototypes/production versions of the SSA Evil's), that have been out for nearly 3 years now, came before the Crossfire and before the Fi models that "LOOK" the same. There has not been a single failure of the 'Punishers', so there is zero issues with the leads from our experience. Therefore, we are not copying anyone or anything, or just changing a dust cap.

- I am not going to go through the differences between the Evil and the Crossfire for a couple of reasons, one being legal as we don't have an NDA with Crossfire, and two, I don't have a Crossfire unit torn down in front of me to list the differences. But I do love how skilled people are in knowing exactly what a sub woofer is made up of and it's internal design and schematics from only seeing a photo online. I wish I was that talented. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- I would also love to see where Crossfire is selling their model for $400 / $500, because when I checked, it appeared to be for $1200ish +shipping, yet our's is under $800 SHIPPED. People have no understanding how costly these are to build but are very quick to criticize the pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
- The SSA 'Punishers' (the original prototypes/production versions of the SSA Evil's), that have been out for nearly 3 years now, came before the Crossfire and before the Fi models that "LOOK" the same. There has not been a single failure of the 'Punishers', so there is zero issues with the leads from our experience. There for, we are not copying anyone or anything, or just changing a dust cap.
I almost said this, but I wasn't positive.

Man, we must have hired a bunch of people over the weekend I didn't know about as only a few people at the factory and SSA know the details.  

Some needed corrections:

- The SSA 'Punishers' (the original prototypes/production versions of the SSA Evil's), that have been out for nearly 3 years now, came before the Crossfire and before the Fi models that "LOOK" the same. There has not been a single failure of the 'Punishers', so there is zero issues with the leads from our experience. Therefore, we are not copying anyone or anything, or just changing a dust cap.

- I am not going to go through the differences between the Evil and the Crossfire for a couple of reasons, one being legal as we don't have an NDA with Crossfire, and two, I don't have a Crossfire unit torn down in front of me to list the differences. But I do love how skilled people are in knowing exactly what a sub woofer is made up of and it's internal design and schematics from only seeing a photo online. I wish I was that talented. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- I would also love to see where Crossfire is selling their model for $400 / $500, because when I checked, it appeared to be for $1200ish +shipping, yet our's is under $800 SHIPPED. People have no understanding how costly these are to build but are very quick to criticize the pricing.
Expecting a 3k+ rms sub to be lesss than $500 is stupid.

I have never owned an SSA product, nor do stand to gain from this statement. However, to you morons speaking of its price, have you ever priced an actual 4" VC sub on this caliber? The only one remotely close in price SP Audio, and they are hard to get in the US. Tantric is ballpark, but just as "new" to the market. XSv2 are much more unless bought used. B2 is nearly twice this.

If you aren't building them yourselves, you cannot get a woofer of this calibre for significantly less. There are no ifs, ands or butts about it.

man i just might get me some 18s!!!!! they are beeffffyyy asss fffffffuuckkk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a cashiers check sent for $1000 to crossfire for two v2's I have no reason to lie at all jusr beinf honest man the price is way roo steep **** even $600 would be kinda reasonable I have 4 torn apart cones ill send to u and u can do ur little comparison same motor as well looks mayne slightly bigger but not $400 bigger

I have a cashiers check sent for $1000 to crossfire for two v2's I have no reason to lie at all jusr beinf honest man the price is way roo steep **** even $600 would be kinda reasonable I have 4 torn apart cones ill send to u and u can do ur little comparison same motor as well looks mayne slightly bigger but not $400 bigger

I understand what you are saying, but again sorry, but the price is not too steep. Crossfire must be blowing them out at their cost or for a loss, as that is not the MAP or MSRP. If I cannot get an SSA Evil (my own brand) to my own door step for your claimed $400, that should tell you something.

I understand what you are saying, but again sorry, but the price is not too steep. Crossfire must be blowing them out at their cost or for a loss, as that is not the MAP or MSRP. If I cannot get an SSA Evil (my own brand) to my own door step for your claimed $400, that should tell you something.
Well maybe ur right maybe crossfirw left them because the uped the prices on woofers and saw they were all failing any ways I really dont know because companys are sexretive about thier cost

Please someone have these at SBN..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
4 'prototypes' have been the last 2 years. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well maybe ur right maybe crossfirw left them because the uped the prices on woofers and saw they were all failing any ways I really dont know because companys are sexretive about thier cost
Material cost go up constantly, so that is not the reason. As I know based on basket availability as we share a basket clearly and how it effected our launch date. Please speak with the guys in Vegas for the correct reason why they are no longer choosing to build for Crossfire.

You do know that many many people had good success with the crossfire subs right? You also know that the idea behind owning a company(a real company not a play or fake one) is to have it sustain it's self with out the aid of outside income as well as being able to afford to pay yourself and any employees. If your entire "beef" with SSA is price then you are pretty far off the mark, you should go after the main stream companies that have large marketing budgets they have to pay for by increasing the MSRP every chance they get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

soundsolutions

Pro Seller
SoundSolutionsAudio.com
soundsolutions
Potsdam, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date