Interfire EF-700 vs Clarion EQS746 EQ

Participant count
  • Participant list
Gain isnt a volume knob.
agreed but when i set my gains with a multimeter and cant get them were they need to be there is two issues either my amp or HU when i turn the level on my subwoofer setting up on the HU i get the voltage i need at the meter but i would rather leave it flat so at that point i am assuming it is a signal issue from my HU. my previous HU had 4 volt preouts and i was able to set my gains no problem with a meter.

agreed but when i set my gains with a multimeter and cant get them were they need to be there is two issues either my amp or HU when i turn the level on my subwoofer setting up on the HU i get the voltage i need at the meter but i would rather leave it flat so at that point i am assuming it is a signal issue from my HU. my previous HU had 4 volt preouts and i was able to set my gains no problem with a meter.
What headunit is it?

If it's a subwoofer level and not a general "bass" setting that is how it's supposed to operate. You get more voltage from the pre-outs by turning the level up. The issue here is in your head, not that you have an equipment problem. 2V pre-outs is enough for your amplifier.

If it's a subwoofer level and not a general "bass" setting that is how it's supposed to operate. You get more voltage from the pre-outs by turning the level up. The issue here is in your head, not that you have an equipment problem. 2V pre-outs is enough for your amplifier.
Thanks that makes sense and I kind of figured that I have just always seen that debate on pre out voltage and there is a lot of mixed opinions on the subject. I messed with it yesterday and I noticed that when i wiggled the RCA inputs on my amp (AQ2200) the voltage on the meter would spike from 14-18 volts up to 28 volts and that is with the gain set a little over 3/4 so it may be a issue with the inputs on my amp.

Thanks that makes sense and I kind of figured that I have just always seen that debate on pre out voltage and there is a lot of mixed opinions on the subject. I messed with it yesterday and I noticed that when i wiggled the RCA inputs on my amp (AQ2200) the voltage on the meter would spike from 14-18 volts up to 28 volts and that is with the gain set a little over 3/4 so it may be a issue with the inputs on my amp.
if so bryant ,i know where you can get it looked at locally and fixed if needed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.