Interference

Participant count
  • Participant list

irvine555

I am currently driving a Corolla and I personally feel I have a nice setup, but I don't think it sounds nearly as good as it could.

Current Setup:

(1) Sony Xplod Receiver CDX-CA810X

(4) 6.5" Infinity Reference Speakers 6022i

(1) Rockford Fosgate 4 channel Amp. P400.4

Problems:

1. Right now I am getting alot of interference with the engine, you can hear it when I accelerate or turn the A/C up.

2. When i try to crank up the amp, I get a major buzzing sound from the speakers. Am I sending to much power to each speaker? Should I just hook up all 4 speakers to just 2 channels?

I hooked up all the speakers, the receiver, and the amp myself. I had some other guy who owned a shop run all the cables for the amp, so I don't know if that makes a diff. at all. Did he just use a cheap amp kit?

One other tidbit: when the guy hooked up the amp, he said he just ran the wiring from the amp to front speakers, but instead of connecting them directly he just ran them behind the receiver and hooked up the wiring to the old wiring? Is this playing a part in all this? Should I just run the wiring directly to the speakers? (Maybe the old wiring can't handle the RMS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just talked to a buddy of mine at my office and he seems to think that I'm getting interference because the RCA's and the power wire are running next to each other. That I should just run the RCA's on the other side of the car. Could this be the problem. Someone else told me to get Ground Loop Isolators.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.