Installing sub soon (tomorrow??) couple questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shadow7874
10+ year member

Atl
Whats the best way to secure a box to the trunk of my car? Its fairly heavy so when i had it in my accord i just had some velcro tape on the bottom and that + the weight on the carpet kept it from sliding. But in my stang i drive a bit differently and i kinda need to worry about it staying in place. I plan on building a nicer enclosure sometime but for now its just a plain box that i dont want flying at me if i wreck...

Also does this look like a decent idea for a box design? Im more show oriented then SPL and its a 12" kicker L7 in a 07 mustang.

Id like something like this and maybe have the plexi etched (possibly with lighting that illuminates when the trunk is opened?? a red kicker logo would look cool in the glass)

boxidea.png

For a box like this should i just build it so that it fits the car well or should i try and calculate volume? i dont know a think about tuning boxes but my current box is the recommended volume according to kicker.

I think you should have the box designed by someone on here. So you can get an accurate tuning.

IMO sell the accord and buy a better sub. DC lvl take ur pick, 4xl or 5, 18''. Tune it down to 28 hz.

Theres this kid that goes to my school, he has 2 kickers tuned to 60hz in a prefab box. I want to punch him in the face //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.